PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - West Coast of Scotland This Weekend - All Advice Appreciated
Old 26th May 2008, 20:04
TiPwEiGhT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad you had a great time at Glenforsa. A few years ago whilst operating out of Oban for a week the weather closed in and got really bad. Crawling down the coastline of the Sound of Mull I saw Glenforsa on my chart and landed there, just in time before the cloud got down to zero/zero conditions.

Having shut down and thrown the blade socks on, on a deserted grass strip, a man appeared from a building, asked me to sign a piece of paper and said "landing fee is £xx's". I paid my fee in howling met coditions and he pottered off.

Although the hotel was closed, they very kindly opened up for one night off season for us. After a fantastic meal, glass of wine and all the stories from Davids days as a roadie with some of the best bands, we retired to our rooms. Woke up the next morning in search of our missing blade socks and then went on our way.

Two fantastic, kind, generous people. Am planning on a weekend there later in the summer.