PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Knowing what you know now about this game, wud you have done it all in the 1st plce?
Old 26th May 2008, 17:24
Mikehotel152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WWW - ever the optimist hey? Were you ever enthusiastic about flying? Mind you, I suppose the Wannabes Forums need a depressing voice to balance the wide-eyed enthusiasm of the twenty-somethings embarking on careers in commercial aviation with as much naivity as young men joined the infantry in 1914.

Deano777 - I see where you're coming from, but surely your point is equally applicable to the lucky chap who gets to sleep with a beautiful woman every night (or conversely, a woman sleeping with a handsome man). Familiarity dulls the senses and encourages apathy. The lustre may have rubbed off your particular wine goblet, but it's still a better cup than the tin mug into which I pour my Special Brew...

There are two separate issues here: The Job and the current job situation. One is still a great career, the other is merely depressing and part of a well-publicised cyclical trend.