PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helderberg Crash on DSTV tonight 21:00 (25 May)
Old 26th May 2008, 17:18
Meckanic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post NG/Mayday - Cargo Consipracy

It's an interesting bit of glass tit fluff. They don't tell you enough, because they didn't investigate enough, I know they dropped the ball. They didn't seem to want the truth. It appears they wanted sales value only

"Thank you so much for taking the time to talk with me and offering to share some of the information that you’ve uncovered about the Helderberg. I understand that doing so would put you at undue risk. Our program is about air safety, not about government wrong-doings, and we certainly don’t want to put anyone at any risk. It seems the wisest course would be for us to proceed without the information and documentation in your possession." - Greta Knutzen April 30, 2007 (for Mayday/Cineflix on the Helderberg story)

How can anyone in good conscience present something so public without knowing all the truth? It's almost like the episode was a bit 'o spin to try and close the case.

Hence they have a cutesy little program of plane goes up, plane goes??? and plane goes down. Rennie did do a good job and I believe he wants to get to the truth just as much as the rest of the people interested in this catastrophe. But as long as we have TV programming that would rather sell advertising dollars than explore what's really happening in the world, there will be no truth. Dead and gone are the days of investigative reporting as the mass media is owned by the people who own the governments.

Cheers - Dave