PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 200 hours Fresh ATPL...any jobs out there?
Old 26th May 2008, 14:53
thornycactus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AiRBuS_380
well what i would recommend will be why not start out on your a flight instructor path and build your way up. From what i
know from my colleagues, there are a handful of opportunities in flying schools in SEA. MFA or SFC etc... or even STATA..... 200hrs ATPL frozen
self-sponsored shows your passion but you will need a little more in order to go up and compete for a seat in major airlines.
Very true! However, applicant must have at least a few thousands hours then able to compete for a seat in major airlines. Unless, damn "bull-penis" lucky! 'Luck' still plays a very-very-very-very important role in job application.

From what i have heard, China is a good and upcoming market but, it is hard to leave an airline once you joined due to their policies.... India on the other hand has a handfull of CPL holders jobless, thus it is not really a good choice from my aspect.
For China, AiRBuS_380 is 3/4 correct. For India market, tons of CPL holders jobless. AiRBuS_380 is fully right!
I would suggest that you work your way up since ur not entitle to fly for SQ in its ab intio programme anymore, work your way
towards a airline and one day, you will be qualifed to apply back to SQ DEC positions.... Try CX, as i got one friend who got into their cadet pilot
scheme and was converted to SO. he is an SFO now with CX.
He is a HongKee! Definitely can get into the cadetship! Not amazing at all.
Hope to see you onboard the national carrier one day!
You don't even know who is who, how to see them onboard SIA? However, you are polite and encouraging!