View Single Post
Old 26th May 2008, 13:26
Married a Canadian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barry

In answer to your queries...info based on YYZ ACC...other centres may differ

1 Rosters vary...a typical is 6on3off, 6on3off, 5on5off
or 6/4, 6/4/ 5/3
Night shifts are rostered every 56 days or so...and most controllers will do a full cycle ie 5 or 6 on the trot

2 Overtime, Not compulsory, plenty of it, Paid at Double time. Some do loads, some do small amounts, some none at all. Your choice

3 Leave 26 days including public holidays (so about 15 before). Someone correct me if I am wrong on that one.

4 Sick leave? 10 days uncertified a year. Doctors notes can be asked for if the company wants. A certified day won't be counted against your quota

5 Salary...up to $120 000 Canadian per annum. That does not include overtime which will really boost that number. Controllers are paid an Operational facility premium depending on where they work...the busier the centre..the higher the OFP. Bit of politics going on with this one at present.

As one last point though...if you are looking to come and work for NAV Canada.....although "Don't bother" is a bit abrupt....the problem at present is the experienced controller program has been put on hold....so if you are looking to come over from Australia (and I presume that is where you are at present?)...I am not sure how you would be able to get an interview from NAV Canada.
One to look into for the future.