PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet* Importing Pilots
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2008, 13:21
fedup1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The little Irishman said it himself. “to avoid a potential pilot shortage.” There is no pilot shortage at the moment.

“We have to be in a position to, to compete in a global market, and recruit pilots from ahhh, from a variety of different sources.”

Just after skybus closed its doors in the US An Australian airline advertised in the US for rated Airbus crews. Skybus were the lowest paid Airbus pilots I have ever heard of.

I could go to china and make $14,000 per month as an A320 Capt and pay no tax, and have housing, medical uniforms, meals and transport included.
There are similar contracts all around the world.

I want to echo the statement made by the AIPA rep, Virgin have trained enough Australia crews to sustain their growth.
But they also pay $100k for a 73 FO.

VH-JJW
Most of the Airlines that hire foreigners run cadet programs. Not like the pathetic excuses of cadetships offered here but real cadetships, where once you are selected they pay for all costs associated with training. When airlines in Australia start paying for the training for hundreds of cadets per year, such as Singapore Airlines China Southern Airlines and Cathay and there is still not enough pilots, then bring in the expats like in those countries. In fact those airlines are providing the experience for Australian instructors training their cadets so not only are they supporting the citizens of their home countries they are also supporting our country. In those cases working as an expat is essential. Imaging Emirates without expats. Australia is totally different, with a huge supply of GA pilots and just as many airline pilots working overseas as locally due to past and present factors. We cant change the past and bring pilots back but we can change the future.

My message to you Mr Joice
OFFER A SALARY COMPETITIVE IN THE GLOBAL MARKET AND YOU WILL HAVE ENOUGH PILOTS FOR YOU PROJECTED GROWTH AND MORE! IF NOT, GO BACK TO IRELAND, AND TAKE YOUR WORSE THAN THIRD WORLD INSULTING SALARIES AND LIES WITH YOU!

Last edited by fedup1; 26th May 2008 at 13:23. Reason: layout