PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA Airport Security
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2008, 10:23
flyblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don´t get me started about CDG... The least you could do when putting people in contact with the paying public (because we do pay airport services) is impose a minimum of manners and respect. Something that really makes me cringe, is when i get to the metal detector, and I explain that (because of something I cannot remove) the machine is going to go beep. So they know it´s gonna happen, right? So why, why, why do they have to yell/screech ¨MADAAAAAAAAME!!!!!¨ in a tone and volume that would be suitable to deal with a running criminal, and talk to you as if you were the scum of the earth???
A friend of mine who is a ground Supervisor for a big airline once told me that his company tried to talk to Aéroport de Paris about the issue of staff (used for less complicated tasks, let´s say) manners and hygiene (lots of passengers complained after seeing how some facilities were being cleaned). Their reply was that there was nothing to do, most of them coming from countries where they didn´t do manners and hygiene The ¨communes¨ around the airport forced them to hire a percentage of their unemployed, so that they could not even choose people suitable for the job. Oh, ok then, so it means you can avoid to give them any basic training altogether, right? Just chuck them in their uniforms with a mop or a metal detector and let them loose on the paying public.