PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet* Importing Pilots
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2008, 08:03
speeeedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who's running these 457 visa's? Sounds to me like Lawrie is in it up to his eyeballs:

There is also an MOU between QF, Jetstar and AIPA that if surplus pilots are available in QF we would be happy to see them in preference to a S457.
My point on the training is that many more Australian pilots will will benefit quicker as a result of type rated pilots being available on either A330 or A320 this is something we are continuing to work on.
The initial employment is aimed at Captains but if the requirements cannot be met there is a possibility of F/O's longer term. Although we will be working to avoid anything more than necessary to keep AOC requirements.
If they are type rated and waiting a start date get us the details as we are happy to get them in ASAP but if they are recruited non type rated then this is the problem faced in terms of the training pipeline.
We, the royal we. AFAP is now doing AJ's bidding. These are all quotes that sound like they have come straight from Joyce, not a union.

How about the facts Lawrie?

There is absolutely no shortage of qualified Australian pilots in this world (in fact, quite the contrary), there is just a shortage of those who will prostitute themselves for a sub standard wage.

These opportunities should be given in house first, within the QF group (particularly Qlink) 2nd and qualified Aussies abroad 3rd. Thats it full stop. There are so many pilots in those three options that you could crew three airlines, but the problem is you might have to pay industry standard wages. Rather than do that J* know they can lure what are effectively political refugees from SA at any price with the Aussie passport as the payoff. Disgraceful.

We do not need foreigners coming in, yet you don't just stand by as it happens, it sounds like you are actually materially assisting the process.

I hope the Jetstar guys can now see who they got into bed with.