PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet* Importing Pilots
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2008, 07:11
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

I guess it's pretty clear now why J* wanted the EBA signed off so quickly....and found the means (AFAP and a compliant JPC) to do it!

It doesn't matter which way you cut it Lawrie, the reality is that had J* responded to market forces and paid their crew what they deserved then they wouldn't need 457 visas to start off with. Your 'support' for them as you've articulated on this forum is surreal. It may not affect seniority but the reality is that a number of qualified pilots ready for upgrade will not be able to avail themselves of that opportunity.

It is a pity more pilots do not spend more time trying to unite as they do to divide then we might actually see some good outcomes.
Strange. It appeared to me that this is exactly what AIPA and J* pilots were attempting to do until the AFAP stepped in and sold a sub standard EBA to an expanded pilot group. If I can't vote on a SH EBA- because I'm not covered by it- then why were a bunch of J* crew on AWAs allowed to vote on a (previously voted down) EBA when they were also not subject to it. Don't bother with an answer, you've already shown how far you've been compromised.