PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA Airport Security
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2008, 06:25
flyblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as I an tell by going there several times a month, in the past couple of years Airport Security in the US has made efforts to improve the way they deal with the public. It was something close to a nightmare for few years after 2001. (In my company we had a joke :¨How do you say Welcome to th USA? NEEEEEEXT!¨) Only exception I came across lately is MIA, but it might be a coincidence. Never had any problem whatsoever, even had a few of them wanting to chat and being nice like actually saying ¨welcome¨, or commenting on the weather etc.
I find the UK experience worse by far. Staff are often quite rude, the rules uselessly strict (wanna talk about the one baggage rule?). Not even the US are that strict with Crews, nowhere the lines are that long, nowhere it takes that long. Nowhere in the world, not even in the US they bother crews for carrying lethal toothpaste or mass destruction hand cream or a crew bag plus one handbag like in the UK. Result, nobody in my company wants to fly from LHR if they can avoid it because of the Security experience