PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1500ft circuits
Thread: 1500ft circuits
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2008, 05:46
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ah don't let the speeling nazi's faze you 'Cypher' they often opo up 'cause they have little else to contribute.

'flyby' sadly I have to agree with you, there will come a day where 2 shall meet & it won't be in a bar afterwards either!

now now 'airman1' I was wondering when you would mention that CW was thinking of 'adding' words here And I fly 1500' curcuits() not 1000', too scarey down there

hey 'forky' if I see you trying to pass me on down wind & i'm driving a LR35 I'll soon fix that mate, how fast can that funny tailed beast go?

This whole debate about curcuit ()height is predicated on good airmanship & the use of proper R/T, the latter almost no existant at times & not just from the 'farmer browns' out there . Radios ought to be mandatory for ALL airports over a certain rwy length, say 600 mtrs, less than that there are only toy planes that can land on that & it's unlikely you will find traffic at varying Alt's anyway.
Decent at abeam the thresshold works well at 130 kts without having to point the nose down too much. The only trouble with diff curcuit() heights is that we all have to come down some time to meet up!

CW