PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet* Importing Pilots
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2008, 05:40
Lawrie Cox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I said today in several interviews is that we would prefer Australian Pilots doing the job. There is also an MOU between QF, Jetstar and AIPA that if surplus pilots are available in QF we would be happy to see them in preference to a S457.
That is up to AIPA to argue.
My point on the training is that many more Australian pilots will will benefit quicker as a result of type rated pilots being available on either A330 or A320 this is something we are continuing to work on.
Just on another note the incoming pilots will be be paid no better or less conditions than existing employees.
We like others made representations to Government but in the end the Government issued the approvals. No surprise from my point of view as politicians listen to business a lot more than any lobbying by unions (irrespective of party or promises).
The Jetstar pilots and the Federation will be working to minimise the impact of this decsion and no command has been lost (or sold) as a result and none is planned to be lost.

I do not mind being quoted but try and put into context of fact rather than perception for a bent against either the Feds or myself.
Lawrie Cox
Manager - Industrial Relations
Australian Federation of Air Pilots