PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doubt.......University or Selection???
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2000, 05:58
thapyoka

Smile Doubt.......University or Selection???

Hello guys.....
(this is my first message, so be carefull....)
Here in Brazil we have a really bad situation at aviation. Our 4 biggest air companies are in trouble......Vasp is dying slowly or could I say fast, Tba is working together with TAM and her fleet(Tba) is "going down" (please boys, not crashing). TAM is better organized than any other company here in Brazil, but , is suffering the "Brazilians cost" like the others. And Vrg, is fighting with her big structure and "losts", but is trying to "grow up". If itīs possible..., we dont know.
This is a little explanation about our air companies, but, what I really want to know is about the selection of airplane pilots, cause , here in Brazil we have a comic situation,(but I can say a bad situation) about universities who give a theoric preparation, ( with a minimum of flying hours and really expensive costs) and pilots selection ( with 1500 Hs minimum, (it doesnt matter how they get their hs )), or finally,
old company pilots who indicate their sons to do the selection test without minimum chances to be not aproved..(if you understand me...).
So, I would like to know how does it works at EUA and in Europe? are there a minimum of hours required or a degree is enough (license)? What could be the best way to hire a pilot? exams or daddy indication...
Believe me, this is the way how it works here...
see you later...
thapyoka rock and roll