PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Knowing what you know now about this game, wud you have done it all in the 1st plce?
Old 25th May 2008, 22:24
chris-squire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im still in early days of my training (just finishing off PPL with ATPL's starting in 6 weeks time) so cant say I'm exactly in the know about post training issues....but the above post regarding money being the driving force in choosing jobs kind of struck a chord with me. Of course money has always been a factor but now so more than ever. Let me elaborate...I would love to try my hand at instructing for a while. Yes its great to build some hours and get paid but more importantly I think it would be a fantastic learning experience. I'll never forget the look in my instructors eye after my first solo...he was genuinely really proud and clearly got a massive buzz out of it, which I can really understand. But unfortunately I am shackled to a rather large loan from good old HSBC and the repayments would just not allow me to consider instructing unless there was absolutely nothing else purely because of the pay. I have a serious love of flying like most of you guys on here, but money seems to play a bigger part in choosing our career paths than ever before. Sadly!