PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA Airport Security
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2008, 16:48
gdiphil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps I have a nice face, Mrs gdi and junior gdi most certainly do, but I have not encountered the kind of hassle I keep hearing about. OK once in July 1994 at Nashville when it was for a year an international gateway for Brits travelling from LGW on AA non-stop to BNA, but not at any time before that or since have I or when traveling with the family found anything other than a professional attitude on the part of US immigration, customs or TSA. Three weeks ago we went thru ORD and the lady immigration officer asked a lot of questions but they were all pertinent and the answers satisfied her. Maybe it really is down to my nice face. The Nashville incident all those years ago was just plain funny. Our daughter was a babe in arms and the 3 of us presented ourselves to the immigration officer who immediately took umbrage over the fact we were not married. I said we are a family. I was told in no uncertain terms that we were not. I was asked to step back to the line. I asked the lady who she would like our daughter to be separated from, her mother or her father. I was told to step back to the yellow line, and of course I did. The officer then proceeded to ask the soon to become Mrs gdi how much money she was carrying. The not yet Mrs gdi turned to me and asked me how much money we were carrying. "No, not him, how much have you got?" None was her reply. "Where are you staying in the US?" Turning to me the soon to be Mrs gdi asked where are we staying. "Don't talk to him" shouted the officer. A lot of banging on forms then took place and the soon to be Mrs gdi and junior were admitted. I then presented my passport. Not one question asked of me. Passport stamped and I'm admitted. It's that nice face I tell you.