PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EXETER
Thread: EXETER
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2008, 15:52
Huyin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Birdscarer
My suggestion in regard to extended screening was actually a response to part of a previous post by you, namely
If you (as the customer) want the aviation market to be open to everybody with low cost fares then you need to tolerate the queues and hassle that go hand in hand with regional airports - sadly, you can't have it both ways.
I felt & still feel ,that a modicum of foresight could have avoided the current problems referred to during peak periods & affecting the security cone.
If, as the Airport owner, you will not schedule aircraft to match capacity flow rates within the terminal then you should at least attempt a (cheap) fix for the more obvious problems that you encourage. They would appear to be, at present, security flow rates, lack of check in desks & capacity of the departure baggage system. On the ramp parking spots remain an issue.
Why should passengers decamp to Bristol?? Geographically, it appears there is a catchment area for Exeter Airport which allows it to survive. Decamping would probably only succeed in exacerbating any existing BRS problems.
As for EXT-BRS in one hour by road, then that could well boost the speed cameras' revenue figures ! Fortunately, my current visitations to airports are almost exclusively elsewhere so I do not have to put that theory to the test.