PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lets hear from the Latinos
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2000, 18:21
Tom the Tenor

Smile

Thanks, Aeroboero, for the info. I got a jumpseat ride on an BAe 146 over and back from EICK to EHAM about 2 years ago and if I had known I'd have asked the drivers to make a slow fly-by at low level over Bijlmeer to get a better appreaciation of Surinam in der Nederlanden! In your post you mentioned what is to me my Holy Grail when you speak about northern Brazil. I dream about setting up in either Recife, Salvador or Fortaleza. I am kind of attracted to Recife as Olinda is so nearby but the kind of airport each place has plays a small factor as well because with age I find myself drawing back to my roots where it is just fab to be able to watch airplanes land and take off. You can not believe how moved I was by another thread that went in to detail about being at the Sugarloaf end of the threshold at Santos Dumont where after the sirens and lights light up you could simply move to the side and watch the A319s and B737-300/500s land and wave away to your heart's content to the crews. That must be so good. Thank you, TTT