PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lets hear from the Latinos
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2000, 17:50
AeroBoero

Cool

Tom ;
If you a want to experience a piece of Surinam , catch a plane and come here to AMS (save you from the 9 or so hours of Atlantic crossing ). Then ask for the Taxi driver......wait no , get a train to downtown (cheaper).....then at the Central Station descend to the Metro (not known as Underground here) and if I'm not wrong (don't do this myself) you take the line 50....jump out at the "Bijlmeer" station....that is a piece of Suriname right here in Holland.....oh and go watch Tv at your hotel.....is funny seeing that Brazilian "like" landscape (maybe because they're still in the Amazon? )and people speaking Dutch (as you Irish speaks English comapared to Brits or Scots [no offence here please] )......
Now...about the aviation there...me..I dont know too much....they only have one flight to Brazil that goes to Belem (Bethlehem) in north Brazil....and that is it. But the kind of flying must be very similar to what we regard in Barzil as "vôo de garimpo" on a more understandable term can be regarded as Bush flying....you need to be good on your skills to fly in that condition......

Hope it helped....

------------------
Reporte través de XAREO