PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Knowing what you know now about this game, wud you have done it all in the 1st plce?
Old 25th May 2008, 12:28
Mikehotel152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of the biggest stresses I had in my previous career was generated by my lack of enjoyment of what I was doing. It sounds trivial, I know, but it is cumulative and it drives you to the ground. It changes your personality. It gradually ruins your life.

Within weeks of giving up that career and embarking on flying training I was a different person. The stress-related eczema I had put up with for years, disappeared. My wife had a new husband. My friends a cheerful new mate. Every single person I knew before I changed careers has commented on how happy I am.

Yes, there's the stress of exams, money and the increasing doom and gloom about jobs, but I am quite happy thank you very much. I know I made the correct decision. By hook or by crook I will be employed in the aviation industry once I am qualified, even if I'm earning £2.50 an hour teaching others to fly. It's better than going back to a daily routine that made me unhappy.