PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOC Charges
Thread: AOC Charges
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2008, 10:36
CarryOnCopter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never sure why we think the CAA are there to to help us, or they care, they can do what they want and charge what they want, who do they answer too??

Will EASA be the answer, doubt it, will it mean to the UK industry that any one from a member country can operate in the UK? in theory we will all just be able to set up in a member state if we comply with EASA.

Of course it's not all level and cheaper labour rates, lower expectations from foriegn pilot's/ engineers and maybe touring so they only live here while on the job because it's a bit expensive living in old blighty are some examples that make me wonder how europe is in the UK's best interests, might all look back on this talking about the good old day's when the CAA used tell us to bend over and take like a man

Although the CAA charges might put us out of buisness, EASA is much more likely to in the future, don't get me wrong the CAA charges are well over the odds.

N reg machines doing dodgy charter, don't make me laugh I see plenty of G reg machines doing that, right in your face and everyone know's, so N reg machines gong to put us out of buisness, actually the other way round for me as there are a few private owners that I fly around which helps when AOC work is slow.

CAA charges high, the future could be worse under EASA.