PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How are things going now in Brazil??
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2001, 20:37
Hung start

Smile

Young pilot,

Iīd be happy to provide you with some info. But I donīt know if it would be any useful to you, as Iīm from Denmark, and flying for SAS. But my wife is from Brazil, she used to fly there as a cabin attendant, and I worked for Transbrasil as an instructor on TBAīs flightacademy in Congonhas in the early nineties. I love Brazil, and go there at least once a year, to visit "my" large family in Natal.
But Iīll be happy to tell you what I know, here or via e-mail, up to you.

MD11, thanks for the answers. The VP/TBA case makes more sense to me now. I didnīt know that Vasp owns their airplanes. Iīve read all I could about Canhedo during the last 10 years. Mafia is the word that springs to mind. I have another friend who is, or was, a Captain on 737 at Vasp. I havenīt spoken to him for a few years, but I know that he thought the company was a good one to work for. That was until they threw him and other pilots on the street, with no reason and no money to follow. He was taken back in after 1 year, when the situation in the company got better, but after all these latest stories about impounding of VPīs airplanes, I donīt know anymore.
Regarding my "dream". Weīre in the Star Alliance together, and itīs been seen before that companies "borrow" or exchange pilots when needed and possible. Many SAS pilots have had " tours of duties " in ex. Eva Air, Thai Airways etc etc. And I know, that the pilot unions in the Star Alliance are holding open the doors, to deals like this. Nothing concrete has been dealt with yet though. But it would certainly be just another benefit from the Star Alliance, if we could " borrow " ( already rated ) pilots from eachother when needed, or just some "intercambio" Wouldnīt that be fun??
Rgds. Hung start.