PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK travel benefits?
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2008, 04:42
Alconguin Crusader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK Staff Travel Sucks

Emirates staff travel is not good! I don't know where you come from but it is not what it should be or even could be.
The airline charges you an arm and a leg just to travel in economy. If you have young kids you will stuck in sterage with all the other #$%&*@ and you can almost guarantee that a smelly 3rd world #$%&*@ will be sitting right next to you on your 14 hour flight to NY. Once you get to captain then you and the kids can go J class but then again the cost of the ticket goes up.
As an employee you also have to wait 6 months after you are hired before you can use your tickets. Those 6 months will go by fast but still a hinderance none the less.
And as has been metioned in the above posts: no jump seats, crowded airplanes, check in staff that are insanely jealous because you are leaving the country and they are not. You get the point.
When staff travel is a profit center for the airline you know something is wrong or at least that gives you an insight to the airline you want to work for. Making money off its employees.
I am disenchanted with the airline that is true (full disclousure) but I what I say in the above is true.