PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Girls
Thread: Cathay Girls
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2008, 04:11
armchairpilot94116

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(dont taze me because I am not a pilot, just was married to a Taiwanese CX cabin crew member)

My then wife never had a bad word to say about any of the FD crew she worked with. She did have tons to say about other cabin crew though. She went from trainee to Senior Purser in 7 years. She loved her job way too much. But I did get the feel from her that there is the CAbin Crew and then there is the Flight Deck crew. The Captain was always the person of authority and therefore not someone to go out with (it would be like an extension of work) . They would rather hang out with other cabin crew and seem to follow the lead of the Chief Purser, who is really "their" leader. Walking around in HK with her , if she spotted a Chief Purser she would always go up and talk with him/her. But never a pilot.

Oh and I used to fly often TPE/HK in First Class on a ten pct ticket. And I was warned by her that the cabin crew would know I am not a real First Class passenger so I must behave myself accordingly. And actually I guess maybe they knew my wife was an SP because I was always treated with smiles and always got fantastic service!!

p.s. we are talking late 80s here by the way.

I guess CX is a difficult place to work nowadays. But its always been my Fav Airline (along with SQ....sorry)

Last edited by armchairpilot94116; 25th May 2008 at 05:03.