PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Business backlash over BA?
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2008, 01:53
derekl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ladbrokes: not just a bookie.

As it happens, I am a shareholder in Ladbrokes.

They are a leisure industry company, a bit Like BA, if you will. They own hotels, lots of them, they are not just bookies.

I think our CEO was entitled to have a hissy fit over BA's action, for the simple reason that they displayed poor management of a prime customer.

Are we really to believe that Mr Bell didn't turn up at the check-in desk with his daughter and her friend? Were they really travelling in the back while he travelled in the front? Maybe so, but they would surely have still checked in together.

Over many years of international travel with BA, I have found their attitude to me to be quirky and quixotic, to say the least.

The final straw came when they made me a free life member of Exec club silver (thank you!) and withdrew it six months later on their whim.

I haven't flown internationally with them since, Sir Richard has had all my company's business. He has done me no special favours, but he didn't lie to me either.

I could make a better job of running BA's marketing operations and customer relations, really, I could. Probably anybody could.