PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Niugini to get 747s
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2008, 00:40
INTERESTED BYSTANDER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Niugini and PNG

I get pretty tired of all the knocking that goes on in these threads. At the risk of being criticised I would like to make some points which I feel very strongly about.
As far as Air Niugini is concerned they may have some shortcomings but from what I have seen compared to MOST operators in Australia they treat their pilots very well as far as remuneration and conditions are concerned.
Also as far as PNG in general the majority of the people are a beautiful race only marred by the few rascals who seem to get all the publicity. Stop and think what Australia would be like without a welfare system. All the noise made about the down side of the country - sit up and look at the crime that happens in your backyard on a daily basis.
All that is needed is a bit of common sense when visiting PNG, having travelled up there in January with a party of 14 family members we did not feel threatened at all and hopefully we will be going back many times in the future to visit our wonderful new friends and family. Over to the knockers.
: