PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Transbrasil
Thread: Transbrasil
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2001, 05:25
AeroBoero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish

I was there when it happened.
My father had miles to collect and decided to travel on the 7th of December and I warned him that from the look of things the company wouldn't make till that date. I wish I had such "fortune" in some lottery! As it was he would miss a vacation trip with my mother. So to see that most employees were (are) a great bunch of people he managed to call the local agent to find out the girls were hidden on the upper floor from the store. They agreed to "remark" his ticket to one day earlier and stamped the ticket with and date from two weeks earlier. Problem was, it was a courtesy ticket ,one that airliners were refusing to embark. But somehow the staff of a red tail airline missed that and he made it with my mother to his five day vacation. He paid the back trip ,but at least he got some money saved.
I tell this here to show how those people even when they had no more obligation with the people who bought tickets and were left "a la Swissair" at the airports (not the case here I'll admit) - they haven't received full salaries for some time already - did what they could. It was a good company (from pax side at least) that went down sadly. Again ,great bunch of people.

Best Luck to them.

AB

[ 28 December 2001: Message edited by: AeroBoero ]</p>