PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA withdraw from Open Skies Court Case
Old 24th May 2008, 12:01
M.Mouse

Controversial, moi?

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Saint Peter

You claim BALPA has been misused. You admit to not being a BALPA member. Assuming you are a pilot in an airline open to BALPA membership then, apart from being a freeloader, you really have little knowledge of what BALPA was up to. As Carnage points out if OpenLies was/is a threat what was BALPA supposed to do. The fact that recent law changed the whole battleground so massively in favour of the employer meant BALPA had to withdraw from what was at the start a strong case.

The support for the BACC from within BALPA was solid.

I would suggest that should BA pilots form a separate union then BALPA's coffers would look very interesting indeed. However, I fail to see how BALPA would be strengthened by losing just under half its current membership.

BOAC

What I fail to understand is that if Dan Air was so profitable why nobody saw fit to make a killing and keep it in business. Much like British Caledonian and many other airlines they were profitable but ignorant bankers couldn't see it.

bluepilot

Forgive me but if OpenLies is a success and new aircraft originally destined for BA mainline are diverted to OpenLies then please tell me how an OS Company Council and the BA Company Council can end up anything other than at loggerheads? Precisely why the BACC wished for a common pilot workforce.

Spiderman

The IFALPA ban is in the process of being lifted.

Right lets have some more bitter and twisted rants against all that is BA. It does create such a wonderful image for the non-pilot readers of this site.