PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA part M what are you doing?
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2008, 08:54
Johnm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm signing up with a fairly large but reputable outfit. They are just doing my annual and after they'd taken the aircraft to pieces the engineer walked me round every little part and discussed the action plan in copious detail, this discussion was orchestrated by the senior management of the company.

He showed me all the dodgy elements and was certainly thorough but in no sense attempting to over-engineer the maintenance of a 40 year old aeroplane.

In discussion we also agreed to overhaul the engine and I shall be seeking advice on run in and engine management from experts here and elsewhere in due course

The overhaul shop are also happy for me to go and look at their work and I probably will next week

I have no doubt that the final bill will be an eye watering 5 figure sum but I shall have an aeroplane I thoroughly understand in good nick and I'll then try and keep it that way through regular maintenance.

I will get the EASA C of A via CAA and the rest of the paperwork. I can and will do some of the maintenance myself going forward, but there are practical issues. I have a good set of tools and I'm mechanically competent but I don't have a hangar and maintenance in the middle of a field is not ideal!