PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA withdraw from Open Skies Court Case
Old 23rd May 2008, 17:31
ShortfinalFred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
411 a you are an *rse, and a crypto fascist to boot - "BA Pilots got what they deserved" - and what would that be exactly? The use of a piece of EU legislation to prevent the right to strike from ever being used by a union without being sequestered in court for damages? Do you understand basic democratic principles, or even care? If the majority of a union vote in a secret ballot for strike action then they have a right to do that in a free and democratic society. You may not like that reality, but it remains true.

The legal arguments used by BA to prevent BALPA from having a strike over OS are a corruption of those democratic rights and the courts will be overruled by law makers in due course. You can not by legal action remove at a stroke a fundamental right in a democratic society. But what of that to you when you continue to connive at every stage in the downfall of the airline pilot as a professional? You really amaze me in your desert eerie - what next for you eh, pilots are not allowed to resign en bloc either, they must work for who they are told to for as long as they are told to for the wages they are told to accept? Only be paid in credits for use at the company store? Same pay rates as the loaders and cleaners? After all its only a manual job, eh? Etc etc?

Your provocative little asides and smugness make me sick, as I am sure they do 99% of other professional pilots here. What the hell happened to you?