PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Knowing what you know now about this game, wud you have done it all in the 1st plce?
Old 23rd May 2008, 17:27
corsair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chocksaway, who do you work for? My CV is ready and waiting, you lucky so and so. Clearly not Ryanair I am not being facetious by the way. It should be evident to you that you are in fact lucky compared to many. Hang onto that job. It does prove there a few airline jobs out there that are straightforward.

I think you will get some flak for this though:
When I read posts of pilots complaining about the amount of work they do and the stress I can only imagine they haven't had a proper job in their life.
I'd get a tin hat, if I were you. Superpilot might lend you one.

Superpilot thinks being a pilot isn't actually actually that stressful at all particularly compared to his job. Which is of course why he wants to be a pilot. He will find out eventually one way or another unless his massive ego gets in the way.

I thnk what we have established is that a pilot's job can be as stressful as many jobs. Sometimes it isn't. Sometimes you get the good jobs like Chocksaway.

For all his smugness in describing his stressful day, superpilot missed one point. He obviously wants out of it. Because, guess what? It is very stressful! Yet he refuses to believe that being a pilot could be stressful. I think we all know otherwise.

But if you want upmanship, I could describe my last non flying job. I can outstress nearly anyone on that one. It was long hours, low pay, pressurised, physically exhausting and zero status and I was kept awake by the baby.

But this isn't the place to discuss that. What we are supposed to be discussing is whether or not the profession we are either embarking on or have been part of is in fact a bed of rose petals or just rose thorns or both.

I really could care less how bad it is in IT or international sales or on the front line in Afghanistan. Those topics belong in Jetblast. Thank you.