PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 270KT outer speed limit for london TMA
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2008, 14:04
wizad

eye in the sky, you must be some sort of ctc office monkey, probably one who dreamed up this jackass procedure... yet again this morning aircraft high due doing 270kts... a quick phonecall and procedure cancelled for the day... again.

tell you what, come into one of our ops rooms when its going hell for leather and come see what happens when planes dont make level restrictions for standing agreements:
1) conflict with traffic from other directions that it should be under and is now aiming at and going straight through it. if i have to fill out a star, my first line will be ' due to the 270 knot speed trial.....'
2) aircraft high may not be able to get the height off when there is no delay and end up in the hold to loose it..... cos thats going to help us all.
3)getting 5 abreast instead of streamed as youve taken AC's flexibility away... guess what matey. if they are not streamed into the stacks.... they enter the hold when they normally wouldnt have to.
4) if there is no delay, why not let the pilot fly at his desired speed (usually faster) for another 60 miles plus, if he wants to slow down to save an iceberg near santas house they will tell us.

you can drag me into as many meetings as you like and tell me to do it, i still wont.

funny thing is, we get all emails and lovely signs and bits of paper telling us what a great idea this is and how its going to work.... why dont you get out from under your desks and come plug in with us and have a proper discussion about it.... you would get a lot less resistance and probably learn more than reading about procedures in your bedtime story book.

with one hand the company wants more planes rammed through our sectors, then with the other starts to take away our tools to get this done.
oh and while im here.... the best idea that probably took 15 of you tie wearing tools to decide was to bring this in during summer traffic... well done... complete lack of understanding.

feedback welcome.

W