PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CityFlyer lifestyle / roster
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2008, 12:09
DutchBird-757

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with 3Greens and BarbiesBoyfriend makes a valid point as well.

Don't know where this low moral B***** comes from. Yes the pay is low (valid point!!!) and stuff needs to get sorted (also scope) but the atmostphere on nightstops, in the crewroom and just every day line flying is great. LCY is fun to fly in-and out of daily and the RJ is a great plane for many of us low time f/o's!

I'm doing around 5 to 9 nightstops a month. Positioning sectors are going down, so more chance for operating sectors. Still not a lot of flying per month though. (average for me around 42 hours a month over a 6 month period) You'll be away a lot with relatively low flying hours to balance that. They guy at schedueling is really good and helpful as well with stable rosters. 11 days off in June plus 4 stanby days. (incl. my LPC/OPC trip that month) Seem to have mostly the saturday off with the occasionally late sunday start.

I seem to be asked to work overtime more and more in the last month which is good for the bank balance.

All in all, I'm happy here with just the money to complain about.
Don't forget that we're expanding whilst others are maintaining current growth, some are even downsizing and others have even gone bust. (euromanx)

Just my thoughts. Shoot me for being positive!

Last edited by DutchBird-757; 24th May 2008 at 21:46.