PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 270KT outer speed limit for london TMA
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2008, 09:11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eyeinthesky

I was happy with some of your input until you shot yourself down in flames with a couple of howlers.
300/290/280 for three in trail.....anyone using the same speed for all three is probably an office-hero doing his/her 6 hours a month "I'm-lowering-myself-to-work-with-you-peasants-to-show-you-how-its-done" moron. An experienced operational controller will be mindful of wake vortex and the 2% per thousand feet IAS/TAS differential, and the fact that 5 miles can become 4 miles very easily.
As for appreciation of delays......if you can arrange for the supervisor to actually tell the poor bloody infantry scope-jockey what the delays are...then we can slow everything down.
P.S. Of the 20 or so pilots that I asked the other day.......not one single pilot requested an econ descent of 270......they were all in the 300-280 range with one exeption who asked for 250 because he was early and the stand wasn't available yet.
P.P.S. I don't like the trend for supervisors and even more remote non-operational personnel trying to influence tried and tested controlling technique at too late a stage in the proceedings when flow control and pro-active traffic planning have utterly failed. If you want to control my sector then get a validation, put a headset on, plug in and get on with it.
P.P.P.S. Anyone read the LACC Swanwick MATS 2 ? We are supposed to get the traffic into the TMA.....not keep it out! Please advise if there has been a major policy change.