PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Those considering Emirates
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2008, 07:24
planesmack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those considering Emirates;

I did make a lot of money in the "Land of the Free'' and I love my home country and contrary to the crap I have been reading, I enjoy all Dubai has to offer and do not need "Happy Pills"to get through the days. But may I suggest to those who keep complaining, try visiting a local pharmacy and get something to calm your nerves.

Speaking only of the US and their taxes... after a pilot pays Federal, State Local, Medicare, Socail Security, Fuel and Energy, some states Food, and service TAXES, an EK pilot will have more cash in hand than one working for a failing airline in the US. As an added bonus if a pilot keeps his house in the US and rents it out and lives in Company accomodations the only things one will pay for would be food, sundries and internet.

Our quality of life has improved since joining Emirates. With only a few hours in the air, the opportunity to vacation in exotic places has become a reality. There is no longer a commute and this allows for piltos to have even more free time. Wives should see a drop in stress levels as house keepers, gardeners and nannies can be employed quite inexpensively. Anything, including groceries can be delivered to your door. Children receive a higher quality education here than most public schools in the US and statistically speaking... these children are accepted into better universities both in the US and world wide.

So if you are considering Emirates, chat with the people from your home country to get a better feel for what you may encounter.