PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Line Maintenance Communication
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2008, 03:46
DaHai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Line Maintenance Communication

Thanks spannersatcx and whatbolt. What I was trying to accomplish is to provide the ground engineer or the person on the headset, with some English phrases or some confidence in using English when communicating with the flight crew.
In our course, we cover technical terms in English, then standard arrival and departure with and without a tug. It is the unusual I am trying to address.
I was attempting to come up with role-play in which a problem is posed to the ground, ie, "we have a message VHF L Antenna Fail". I wanted to provide the Ground Engineer with something to tell the flight crew about what he was going to do, ie, "I am going to check the MEL" or "I will go and get an avionics engineer." We have situations where the ground can not explain to the flight crew in English, what is happening or will happen. In some instances, a problem may be the English accent from the crew. This I can not solve, just experience by the ground will help alleviate it.
Many problems I believe, occur due to lack of English vocabulary and expressions. The more situatuations I can provide, will help both flight crew and Line Maintenance.