PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The strange case of Lightning Foxtrot 94
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2008, 00:37
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Yes, I did notice the pilot in question was named very closely to William Shatner - tried to avoid mentioning it as I'm sure his family have had enough of that, & Mr. Shatner ( James T. Kirk to most of us ) is well known for his self-denigrating sense of humour & probably I'd guess he wouldn't wish to upset any family.

If any further talk of UFO's is proposed, let's move it to ' Jet Blast ' - that's not derogitary in any way, well worth discsussing, but not here.

Interesting I'd read ( can quote the title of the book by a USAF Colonel ) which I'm sure relates Captain Mantell was in an F-104; shows how reliable printed matter can be !

You'll never believe unless you've seen one , snag is there's such a bogus industry around the subject now , and an unspeaken rule of silence by professional civil or military pilots ( try the Belgian F-16 guys & Russians for a refreshing change) it's remarkably difficult to tell the wheat from the chaff .

I always carry at least a disposable camera with me, mainly to record idiot drivers who may or may not have collided with me or anything - a practice I strongly suggest .

Also as I say, as a photographer I'd feel pretty damn stupid if I
ever had a flying saucer land in front of me, missing the photo & marketing possibity of the century!

Good flying All,

DZ

Last edited by Double Zero; 23rd May 2008 at 01:03.