PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any Police Helicopters used as Air Ambulances
Old 22nd May 2008, 22:04
C.Korsky-Driva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Timex

Like I said, there is nothing special about Police helicopters - just bolt on a FLIR - Fit the Night Sun - job done.

Police Pilots and IRs - The cops don't like IRs because they cost too much to get and to maintain so they make do without and pretend that inadvertant flight into IMC doesn't happen - despite one EC 135 drivers bad experience in Strathclyde a few years back. Thankfully NVGs may save us from further embarassment.

Sussex

If any of the individuals in the Susses Police/HEMS outfit feel insulted by my exhortations on their behalf then I am truly sorry. My intentions were all about raising an issue that is akin to the Emperor's Clothes and if we all go on saying how wonderful they look then before we know it it will become the fashion. My experience of both clinical staff and Police Officers (first hand I might add) is that they are under-appreciated by the general public and deserve more from us insofar as they should not be asked to do a first-rate job in second-rate circumstances. As with our Military they deserve the right tools for the job.

CKD