PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Taxi incident Carcassonne
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2008, 21:25
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You did indeed, javelin , but it was the sucking of teeth that put everyone on edge.

Yes of course I am barking Empty Cruise . It was not my intention to question legalities, merely to explore Real Slim's astounding 17 minute number by comparing it with what I have even timed several times for the hell of it . Now you may well be thinking what on earth has he been timing it for? I'd say well what else do you do when standing freezing your butt off waiting for the cage door to open letting us poor unwashed loose onto the apron? I also half-remembered some JAA critical turnaround number many moons ago and coughed it up ... sorry!

Anyway, look where it took us - onwards and upwards - all the way to some pages in a manual that some of us onlookers didn't know had been written yet

Anyway, just for javelin, and since I'm at least part responsible for the drift well away from the original subject which I think was inadvertent winglet-bashing, with a trip through turnaround times, on to cooler-than-your-average brake SOPs, and finally to a healthy perusal of the manual, you'all perhaps will forgive me that in an attempt to find something to steer the thread back on track before we get out and push it, I flicked to the turn radius pages in the manuals ... now there's something Sloe Moe might go for ... wheels within wheels and all that ... quite impressive what dimes/sixpences you can turn on if you know how, eh? Oh, and what not to attempt is in there too .

So, may we conclude that the lines on any self-respecting FR-serving apron (or failing that, the lines in any FR-pilot's mind's eye) need to be painted with due regard to the extremes shown in turn radius section of the manual, but with an extra 7.3 metres added for luck

Maybe I was wrong - much of this operations apron logistics support planning stuff is barely worth getting up from the desk. Give me Google and give me AutoCAD Lite - what more could an ops planner desire?