PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Taxi incident Carcassonne
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2008, 17:58
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Before people launch into more uninformed speculation - could we please leave it to the 73-drivers to comment on specific operational procedures and problems and leave the general comments to everyone else?
No let's not. Let's all have a chance to learn. Just because you deploy reversers doesn't mean you always avoid braking hard now does it? I remember thinking just the other day "well why did he bother with the reversers?" because by the time they were selected we were already considerably and noticeable slowed by application of either your autobrakes or some LHS pre-emptory plates of meat and it was time to put them away again. And I am sure we are all familiar with the various tunes varying from baritone down to a graunchy double bass sometimes played on the brakes in your fleet so they do noticeably get used a bit, eh?

So I think questions about the mythical long lost 53 minutes are fair dinkum for a general audience, don't you?

It very much sounds like there's a whole lot more written in the manual about brake cooling turnaround times than there was in 2001 ... care to share the highlights of the last 7 years of quick turnaround experience on the subject or is it selected customers only stuff?

Edit: Ah you pre-empted me captain! Thanks rubik101 for updating us with some examples so we the uninformed, can now begin to see the state of their art.

Last edited by slip and turn; 22nd May 2008 at 18:18.