PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - finally a job but.... BUT....!
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2008, 16:17
number

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys for all the opinions, Im still quite unsure (and I’ll have to decide in a few days)

The point is that I’m tired of struggling and spending money for my trainings, but at the same time I see finally a possibility as a pilot but the position is a bit controversial.

If I keep my actual job I’ll have a promotion and more benefits, if I go for the pilot career there will be several big uncertainties, first of which is the pay…

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not the money what I’m after, but it’s an important aspect considering that I don’t have anyone who can back me up.

Ok, the aero taxi company is rather small, didn’t impress me in terms of organization and offices, the copilots have some crazy schedules: first of all they have to be in stand by h24 the whole month sometimes cause they can be called anytime, and I was told that at least for the very beginning (which I don’t know how much will be ) I won’t be able to take holidays, and I will have to be always available.

The salary is made up of a fixed part and a variable one, depending on how much I’m flying. The fixed part is an insult. Fixed + variable is still 40% less of what I’m making now (and its not that I’m making that much either.. ) .

I really don’t know … I still have to make a serious talk with the CEO of the aero taxi company, see, one of the main guy did refuse me a letter of intention … you know, just to have a piece of paper that states … if you successfully complete the type rating + the 40 (not paid) flights we will hire you.

All I got so far : I was made to assist the dangerous goods recurrency course, and a few manuals ..

Sure at the end of the games I'll get the job, if the same chance happened to me a few years ago, i'd have gone for it blindly... i know if i drop this i will close forever with aviation ...