PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OpenSkies? Sell your soul
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2008, 12:46
Gypsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HS - GO was a small airline ????? I think they got up to 17 or more a/c - OS has one and is planning I think 6 by end 2009. I don't think I can see your point.

As much as BA pilots would like to think that any European capital to the USA in Premium class is their market, I'm afraid it isn't - thats the whole point about open skies agreements - competition.

3 Greens - I've also done longhaul 2 and 3 man crew both east and west, plus SH and Charter -they can all be tiring but there is a body of chaps who still see the chance to get off in another country with some beer vouchers as the best choice - my point is I don't think they'd be this fuss if OS was a SH operator. My feeling is that a lot of the noisest complainants would look down their noses and be happy to see such a SH version of OS recruit others on less pay and lower T's and C's. I take your point about NY n/stops if your assumptions about OS Hotac are correct - truth of the matter is that the n/stop isn't designed to give us a great little social life - nice when it happens but it doesn't feature high on the agenda in the office

Last edited by Gypsy; 22nd May 2008 at 13:27.