PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this the best low flying complaint re-buff ever?
Old 22nd May 2008, 12:40
Wader2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Serial Complainer

We had a serial complainer. He used to write letters with whole serials of complaints and sent them to the Ministry. Eventually someone worked out that maybe they should tell us.

I went out and found that his house was not where his address suggested it was. I called and explained why his house was indeed overflown so often - we didn't know it was there. It was a little Lincolnshire single story cottage built flat on the ground, flat green roof in a strand of trees.

Also I found that a low level 'avoid' had been removed so crews were no longer diverted over his house. Nerry a complaint since.

'Nother time a complainer suggested that the noise would be avoided if our circuot direction was reversed. OC Ops arrange to visit and at the same time ordered the suggested alteration to the circuit. Afternoon tea was disturbed as the house now got the full benefit of the aircraft engines under full power pointing at it. Another satisfied customer.

And another horsey one this time. "Where exactly are you?" She told me. "Ah, your husband did some welding work for me." No more complaints, her husband was on benefits