PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 family REV amber indication questions
Old 22nd May 2008, 11:43
discountinvestigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A320 family REV amber indication questions

Hi,

I have a few relatively simple questions for the Airbus division if I may. I am sorry that it has been so long since I jumpseated a 320 family aircraft, that I cannot remember, or never knew, the answers! This all relates to the indication of reverse thrust status on the ECAM display.

FCOM 1.70.95 gives (two examples):
(a) It is displayed in amber, when at least one reverser cowl is unstowed or unlocked; or
(b) Appears in amber when a reverser door is unstowed or unlocked.

1. The (a) case would imply that REV amber appears on both indications when only one thrust lever is moved into the reverse range. Should this be that when one of the cowls on the engine is unstowed or unlocked then the indication for that engine changes to amber?

2. When the reverser door is locked out by the maintenance crews then the indication goes amber when the thrust lever is moved into the reverser range. The door is locked, so is it unstowed at this point? MEL 02-78-30-01 does not say anything about it. It would be useful if someone could define the difference between unlocked and unstowed for me.

3. What are the calls from PNF when you have engine one REV in green and engine two REV remaining in amber? Is this written down as a procedure or is it what you think that you would say at that point? If it is written down, please indicate where!

4. At what speed does the reverser fault Caution trigger (straight away or is it delayed until below a certain speed)?

5. Does the REV amber indication return during the transition from reverse to idle thrust during the cancellation of reverse thrust after landing?

Many thanks
Discount.