PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EXETER
Thread: EXETER
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2008, 09:19
birdscarer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree that BE aren't a LCC (and my feelings on their business ethics are well posted on the Flybe thread), but as frustrating as airports can be for passengers, I can assure you that any expansion of facilities are even more frustrating for the airport operators. Why not check out the last couple of pages on the Bristol page?

You may argue that an airport shouldn’t accept routes that they cant handle, but then you wont get the passengers through and the expansion will be non existent and you will become.....well.....Plymouth Airport!

I don’t think anyone insinuated that it is the passengers fault, however, when you have a small minority of protesters shouting from the roof tops against a million or so passengers from the surrounding community who mainly remain silent then you can guess who will win!
The average person picks up an airport when they want it and then take it for granted that the facilities are there for next time!

Having worked for airport operators, I can only begin to scratch the surface of your statements, but to white-wash the whole operation as profit over comfort is ridiculous. I know EXT well - Where do you propose the extra search comb goes? Lets build an extension......oh wait.....!