PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QCCA news
Thread: QCCA news
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2008, 08:36
Qantart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GalaxyGirl and others wishing to join,

With regards to the treatment of QCCA crew by senior crew I think you will quickly find if you join there are just as many odd ball "new crew" as there are "senior crew". The seniors are fine, and reality is you probably wont fly with that many of them due to the seniority and bidding system. Usually you will find yourself flying with crew at a similar seniority to you.

In my experiences to date in flying with seniors, i actually enjoy it. Seniors have been around so long they are relaxed about the job and know how to have a good time, and not take things way too seriously. They are full of little tricks and tips to make your career in flying enjoyable and manageable. The clash will usually occur when you get new crew coming onboard with major "know it all" attitudes, they usually get put in their place fast. Don't get me wrong, there are as I said the odd annoying ones and some who need to go, but they are few and should not be generalised as being the majority.

With regards to V Australia and Qantas, they are very different brands and should be treated as such. Good luck with whichever you choose... My only advice is, in this job you gotta have a thick skin...

Cheers