PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice for large passengers
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2008, 08:06
UniFoxOs
Paid...Persona Grata

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Both self and Mrs UFO are of the build politely described by prooners as "salad dodgers". My biggest problem is my rather wide (weight-lifter's) shoulders, the result of hauling myself around for 50 years by the arms. While I can fit into even the older 737 seats in terms of bum and waist width, there ain't much elbow room. For this reason I have often wondered about buying an extra seat so that the two of us can have a row of three. Nice to see that Ryanair offer this, and ISTR seeing something similar offerred by TOM.

For those of you who have done so (F3G?) I have two questions. First how do you ensure you actually get the extra seat next to yourself on a loco with no seat allocation? And secondly how much does it cost? Logically it should only cost the advertised seat price (for example GBP 1.99 on some locos), as the empty seat should not incur any "airport charges" (no pax to use the toilets in the airport, be security-checked etc.) and no fuel surcharge as there is no weight to carry. In fact you could make out a good case for a "fuel discount" as the extra seat will be using no fuel compared to a full one.
But I bet you still pay the full pax price for the seat??

UFO