PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Emirates too big for its boots?
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2008, 06:40
Dixons Cider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What differentiates a soldier from a mercenary? The both do the same job, both get paid and can both pay the ultimate price. The distinction is in the belief that the future is worth fighting for.
I like it.

EK staff of past believed they were part of something special, and I reckon they were. That was reflected in the pax experience. Morale has dropped over the years, and this thread is indicative of the net result. The question should be asked "why". We all know the answer - its been steered that way by the leaders and managers in the pursuit of short term gain.

No revelation there, and sadly nothing unique to EK. DO THESE PEOPLE NOT LEARN! It's dumbfounds me, it shouldn't by now but it does.

The staff are the company. Look after the staff, and they will look after the owners. A Branson-esque statement true, but even more relevant here in our region where the bulk of staff are expatriate and have no particular allegiance to the country/employer other than their package and the experience. Screw them hard enough, and they'll desert you. They dont need to be here.

The journo talks of once loyal pax leaving EK for the EY experience. EY is still relatively new and still enjoys a 'novelty factor'. They are going the same way however, from where I sit, morale is not good. No amount of training and bullying will produce the product they want - UNLESS THE STAFF BELIEVE.

It really is that simple.