PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFT correspondence course for ATPL MET....
Old 22nd May 2008, 06:32
AerocatS2A

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Got to be careful though. Most of the Casa questions I had for all of the ATPL exams were similar but not identical to the AFT ones. I had one in particular on the Nav exam where the question itself was word for word identical to an AFT question but one of the multi-choice answers was subtly different. Different enough that the correct answer was different. It can be easy to think you recognise the question and know the answer when you may not.

I wholeheartedly agree with the praise for the AFT courses though. I studied all of the ATPL subjects by correspondance with AFT and passed all of them first time. Exams like Flight Planning were not easy and would have benefitted from some classroom time, but I still got there with marks to spare.

One standout factor for AFT was that I would sometimes fire off an email question to Nathan while I was studying late at night in W.A. and I would usually get an immediate response. I'm not sure what the guy does all night but it doesn't seem to include much sleeping.