PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Flex / De Rated take offs safe?
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2008, 05:17
john_tullamarine

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts
Likewise, this has been a spirited thread.

Procedural points to keep in mind ..

(a) several folk have complained about some of ssg's posts. Be aware that I am following along behind and I alter/delete posts which I think are a bit out of line .. not just ssg's .. any ...

(b) so long as the posts are not too far out of order and the subject remains reasonably on flying matters the thread can remain here to stir up objective passions

(c) if individuals get to the stage where they feel that the thread is going in circles or whatever, there always remains the option to ignore it .. when enough lose interest it will, like near all threads ... sink into the abyss.

As a moderator, it is not my personal task to be the arbiter of what content should or should not be in threads .. only that they reasonably follow PPRuNe requirements.

The only "rule" we have here is that outright rudeness etc., will be modified or deleted as we consider appropriate

Now that I have finally caught up with the leading edge of this thread .. it is evident that ssg/trickle451 is now pursuing an unuseful path .. one of my colleagues has beat me to the punch and given the poster some time out. As you all would be aware, we have a great tolerance in this forum .. but, occasionally, the odd individual does take too great a liberty with that tolerance.