PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - drug & booze testing
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2008, 03:14
ernie blackhander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If i understand correctly this testing will affect everyone who even goes near an aircraft, pilots, loaders, engineers and probably even the cleaners too(if your lucky enough to have them) Fair enough for on the spot testing i support it(dont hate me yet read on), however if you are to test a pilot for example it should be at around the pre flight time in the office not in full public view. Basically just a rbt only looking for alcahol, take a drug swab as mentioned in a previous post and send it to a lab in town. Pilot flys away if no alcahol found and can answer later if drug swab comes back pos. Same applies for everyone else. Now the real problem comes in, you return a pos for dope. You smoked a joint at a party 4 nights ago and have not flown until today when you were tested. Were you impared in your duties 4 days after said joint, i would have to say no. This is where i have my problem with the whole d&a testing. At what point do the testers become the moral police because i'm sure most of the people here know at least one or two people that use recreational drugs (yes i know they are illegal) and even though they may have a smoke at a bbq or on the weekend the vast majority would not even dare turning up to work still high. The test has to be one that only picks up on what has been consumed and is affecting you at the time of testing. end rant